Implementing Certainty is a 6 or 7-step process (depending on whether you want printable checklists of not) and all Corporate-level projects comes with five (5) hours of free professional services from us to make sure you are up and running quickly and easily.
The initial set-up of your project on our servers is done by our team and is normally done in a day or two once you have completed steps 1 – 4 below.
The set up and configuration steps are outlined in our Step-by-Step Guide which can be downloaded here.
The steps are as follows:
1. Choose Your Certainty Web Address (URL)
All instances of Certainty have their own unique web address (URL). The standard format is yourcompanyname.certaintysoftware.com. The same format will be used for both your Reporting & Administration portal (.com) and the browser-based checklist data entry portal (.mobi).
URL’s must end with .certaintysoftware.com (and .certaintysoftware.mobi for browser-based checklist data entry) but you can choose the name that precedes this.
2. Decide If You Want to Keep Your Trial Data
If you are moving from an existing Certainty Software trial, you can choose to have your trial data migrated to your new Certainty project. Alternatively, you can choose to start with a clean/empty database. Trial data includes all data in your Certainty trial such as checklists, completed checklist data, sites, site groups, users, notifications, etc.
3. Prepare Certainty Project Data Upload Template
If you would like us to bulk upload data (sites, site groups, users, user groups, etc.) into your Certainty project, we can easily do so using the Certainty Project Data Upload Template. This is an Excel spreadsheet and will be provided to you and you can download it here. Once we have this back from you, we will upload your data into your new instance of Certainty.
4. Customize your Instance (optional)
With Certainty you can customize the look and feel of your instance. Its optional (some customers do, some don’t) but it does seem to help with user buy-in and participation.
If you want to customize the interface of your instance, all we need is your company logo and corporate style guide for colors.
5. Schedule System Administrator Training
Although a Certainty is very easy to learn and use, to make sure you get the best results from your project, the set up process includes one (1) hour of System Administrator training. This training should be completed before you start your project and be attended by your company’s Certainty Project Lead and any others who will be your System Administrator(s).
6. Set Up Checklists (Digital – Browser & Certainty App Checklist Submission)
Your own System Administrators can create, edit and manage checklists at any time in the Certainty Reporting & Administration portal (.com URL). This will require the completion of the System Administrator training above. The set-up process includes five (5) hours of free support and we would be happy to do that with you to get you up and running quickly and easily.
The steps for setting up digital checklists (to be completed using a browser and your .mobi URL and/or the Certainty app) are as follows:
- Send us the checklist(s) you would like added (Excel, Word format preferred);
- We configure a draft version of your checklist(s) for you to review (in your instance using any browser or the Certainty app);
- If required, amendments and changes are made and once approved, the checklists are published for use at the sites it is required at.
7. Set Up Printable, Paper-based Checklists (optional)
If you want your team to be able to conduct audits and inspections using pen and paper, then we need to work with you to configure checklists that can be printed and read by our ‘scan-to-email’ – optical recognition (OCR) technology.
To do so, we need to create a Checklist Template (see example to the right) and the subsequent printable checklists based on that template.
Once this is done, these checklists can be printed directly from Certainty and sent into your instance using any standard office scanner and the scan-to-email address which will be in your Getting Started with Certainty Guide with the app download instructions and activation code and your users’ initial login credentials.
The steps for setting up a paper-based Checklist Template are as follows:
- You send us an example of the checklist you would like to be able to print and complete on paper. The example checklist can be sent to us in Word, Excel or even drawn out by hand, scanned and emailed to us. We just need an idea of the layout and format (paper size) you want for your checklist;
- We configure a mock up of the checklist and send it back to you for comments, amendments and eventually approval;
- Once the layout and format have been approved by you, we then configure the checklist to work with our OCR engine and send you PDF version of it;
- You scan and email a BLANK TEST checklist and scan to the email address we will provide to you. This email address will follow the same format at the URL you choose for your project i.e. [email protected];
- We verify that the test has been received and digitized properly by our OCR tool;
- Unless there are issues with the test scan and OCR calibration, then your final Checklist Template and checklist(s) based on that template are added to your instance of Certainty and can be printed in Reporting & Administration/Checklists/Print Blank Checklist.
Note: A user will need at least Reporting Only access to the Reporting & Administration (.com) portal to be able to print blank paper-based checklists.